Pages

Friday 21 August 2020

D-Day but diffirent?

 This week for one of our personification task we had to do another piece of writing. But this time we had to do about something else on D-Day.


"Sind wir bereit?" "Jawohl!" ("Are we ready?" "Yes Sir!"). I can't understand what they are saying so I just ignore it. It is pitch black and all I can see is the stars in the night sky. I can hear the ocean waves crashing on the beach as they break. I can smell a sweaty smell. I wonder if it is from a human and if it is, why are they here? I get a thought, a thought that something very, very bad is about to happen or that was at least what I thought was going to happen but you never know it could change in a second.


I look at the horizon. I am blinded as the glistening sun rises and hits my eyes. I look away until my eyes get used to the new light. I look back to the horizon but this time there is a tiny black dot. As it gets closer more show up. After a little bit longer there are hundreds of them out in the water. After a while I start to realise what was going to happen. They were going to have a surprise party for the people coming back from wherever they were. As they drew closer I could hear the waves crashing against the armoured ships.

As they come closer to the shore I hear screaming for both sides. “Charge!!!” “Aufladen!!!” ( Charge!!!). I now know that this was not a party, it was something that was happening all over and it somehow managed to make it to me. It was WAR. I look at the boats that were nearly at the shore. “BOOOOOOOM” The first ship lands but somehow lands on a landmine and explodes. All the body parts fly in the air. Blood flies everywhere and lands on me. An arm bounces over me and rolls away. More and more boats get to shore and people start jumping out of them. I see soldiers falling to the ground as I hear the machine gunners start holding down the trigger. I look to a soldier who has made it the furthest but then sadly steps on a landmine. As he did I hear his last scream.


I was getting kicked around and I had managed to get kicked to the front line. I look around and see soldiers being shot and killing the other team. I see a soldier that was doing well. “CRACK” The soldier has been shot. It pierces his skull and goes through his brain and out the other side of his skull, he then falls to the ground beside me. I start to think ‘I have seen everything’ until I see a soldier helping his fallen comrade. He drags him beside me until he gets shot. He falls on the other side of me. They both die and I burst out into tears. I start wondering why they are doing this to each other. One of the dead guys' blood pours out and gets to me. I am now in a pool of blood.


I look back to the horizon and see that the sun is setting. It was already night and I am in shock. I then hear cheers and cries of soldiers. It had seemed that one of the teams had won. I notice that the team that came on the boats has managed to win. I want to go up and congratulate them but I have no way to get to them so I was just glad that it was over. It was a lot for a little pebble to experience in one day.

Thanks for reading I hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment