Pages

Friday 13 March 2020

The Rabbit Proof Fence

This week we had to make a story about a movie we watched. It took me all week so I hope you all like it.


The Rabbit Proof Fence

Chapter 1 Taken

It was a nice sunny day when me and my family were coming back from a hunting trip when a carige came up beside us. Two large men hopped off, they came up to me and threw me in. All I could hear was my family screaming my name and running around. I started screaming and crying. 

 Chapter 2 The Journey

Then they hopped back on and went speeding away with me in the back. I felt so angry that I could kick down the already rotting door but I was so devastated that I couldn't move. So I just layed on the wooden floor and stared through a gap in the roof, right up to the bright blue sky. It was so bumpy that it felt like we were driving on rocks. We were also picking up other kids. It was sad to hear their family screaming and crying.




Chapter 3 Moore River

After five dreadful days we had made it to our destination. I walked out of the back of the carige. It took awhile for my eyes to adjust but then I saw an old western looking town. Then an old looking woman greeted us with a smile and told us we were at some place called Moore River!

Chapter 4 The town

She later said her name was Lady Rose. She said she was the head nun there. She showed us around. I started to wonder about what my parents would be doing. I thought they would be crying at home. She showed us to all the other nuns. 

Chapter 5 Night 1

Then she showed us something we had never heard of. She said it was a church and we have to go to it every day. It was big and white, there were loads of sets in it and it had a tall point on the top of the roof with a cross on the top. Then she showed us the nun that was going to put us to bed. The nun that was putting us to bed was nice and she made sure we were all ok.



Chapter 6 Friends

After a few days I had made 3 friends. Their names were Blake, Max and Alex. Blake had been there the longest. He had been there for 2 years. He had tried to escape once but it failed. He had all his hair chopped off and he got whipped. Max was one of the kids we had picked up on the way there. Alex was a bit weird but he was fun. He always was being funny when Lady Rose was around. Once he was caught and then he got whipped. He came back with red whipped marks on his back.

Chapter 7 The escape plan

At night me and my friends would meet in my bed. We had a piece of paper and a pen. We would plan our escape. At day we would go around the edge of the town. There was a fence surrounding the edge of the whole town. After one week we found a hole in the fence. All night for 3 days we planned our escape. After church, while the guards are still praying we will sneak out and run to the hole.


Chapter 8 The escape

After three days it was the day of the escape. “Ding Dong” That was signal for 5 minutes of praying time. We looked around. All the guards were praying. This was are time to run so we ran right to the hole in the rabbit proof fence. We jumped straight through it and keeped running.

Chapter 9 The journey back

We keep running even though I could hear bullets flying past me. It was the scariest thing I had ever done. We keeped running for 1 hour straight. We had finally escaped them through the trees. Once we escaped we had a look at the trees. 

Chapter 10 The tree

I found one that was as tall as a mountain and it was really moldy. Then I remembered something that my dad told me. That mold always grows on the north side and we went south of my house so if we keep going north we should reach my town. After a few days we reached Max and Blake’s town. After another few days we made it to mine and Alex's town.


Chapter 11 Home at last

I ran up to my home and knocked on the door but then two young people came to the door. I then ask what happened to the old owners. They said they had sadly died but they didn't know how but they said it was because of their kid you got stolen. Right there I just sat down and cried. Then they noticed I was the old owner's kid. Then said that they were looking to adopt because they couldn't have kids of their own. So I said I had no parents so then the invidied me in and I live the rest of my days in their care.


















3 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan my name is siakupega and I go to pt England school and what I like about you work is that you are showing the chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. kia ora nice story i like the way you put a lot of work into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ryan
    Looks like you put a lot of effort into this story. lots of punctuation and big words keep up the good work.

    Raidon

    ReplyDelete