Pages

Friday 23 October 2020

Dear Tai Tokerau Land Court

 One of our literacy tasks this week we had to write a letter to the Tai Tokerau Land Court because we readed a book about a old man getting kicked off his island and his nephew had to write letters and go to court for him. When we were writing the letter we had to make it like we were the nephew.

Here is my letter I hope you like it.



20th of October 2020

Federal Government Office

85 Cameron Street

Whangarei


Dear Tai Tokerau Land Court,

I am the nephew of Paratene Te Manu and I am writing on the behalf of him. I have heard that you want my Uncle to move off Hauturu. I am here to tell you why he should stay. He has lived there all his life and hasn't lived anywhere else. It would take him a long time to adjust to a different lifestyle. He will be a lot more disorientated because of his old age. He also has never worked to earn money. He is very old so he will have no experience and will not be able to support himself. As you know, he is an old man. At Hauturu he is as safe as he can be from viruses and illness. But if you take him away from Hauturu, he is way more exposed to illness and viruses. Also, because of his old age, he is way more forgetful but because he has lived on Hauturu for all of his life he knows Hauturu like the back of his hand. If you take him to a new environment, he wouldn’t know or remember where anything is and he will be very conversed and possibly paranoid most of the time which would not be a good thing at his age. I hope this letter will change your mind and that my Uncle Paratene Te Manu deserves to stay at Hauturu and live free.

Yours faithfully,

The nephew of Paratene Te Manu

No comments:

Post a Comment